Sunday, December 19, 2010

Day Late But Not A Dollar Short

So, as expected, my flight to London was canceled today. Heathrow airport is A ZOO, and all flights are canceled again today. I have been watching the British news in my hotel in Prague, and I really am glad that I'm not in London stuck. I showed up to the airport (conveniently across the street) to rebook my flight at 5:45. The ticket counter opened at 6:30 this morning, and fortunately I was the third person in line. While I was certain I would not get a flight out today, I was even more certain I would be leaving Tuesday. Fortunately, the British Airways representative helped me book a 7am flight to Brussels tomorrow morning, with a connection to Atlanta then New Orleans. I also received a voucher from the airline to renew my hotel at the airport for the night, including free lunch and dinner. So far, I have not had this snow delay as bad as other people, but the uncertainty of still being in Prague - which has just one flight to America a day - is daunting. If i make it to Brussels tomorrow, I think I will be golden, since there are more flights to the USA from there. Will keep you posted, and WISH ME LUCK to be home by 6pm tomorrow!


PS - here is a picture of the most of Brussels that I have ever seen...from the train to Amsterdam from Paris this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment