Sunday, August 29, 2010

TOUCHDOWN IN PRAHA!

Just landed in Prague after a short plane ride from Bologna, Italy! I am crashing the night at a Courtyard Marriott right next to the airport, and tomorrow morning I will head back to the terminal to meet the program staff and other students to begin the program.

I took Czech Airlines into Prague, and they charged me 130 euros for my extra baggage! Luckily with the help of my cousin and his Italian girlfriend, I only paid that amount instead of the more than 250 euros they were supposed to charge me. Anyways, I am going to get settled and grab a bite to eat. I went straight to a Czech ATM to take out $100, which is the equivalent of about 2,000 Czech crowns (and the machine gave me a 2000 crown note!). Luckily, the hotel staff is English-speaking to make the experience here for the first day alone better. Tomorrow, we will be moving into a hotel for one night while our housing assignments are distributed, and I will finally be meeting the other 100+ students on the program. Vítejte v Praze!

1 comment:

  1. That looks absolutely beautiful. I cannot wait to visit Prague. Good luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete