Saturday, October 2, 2010

One Month in Prague

Thursday was my official one month anniversary of moving into my apartment in Prague. Time has gone by so fast, and midterm exams and papers are just around the corner it seems. This weekend has been pretty relaxed, since most people are doing one or more of three required academic day trips around the Czech Republic. My first required trip is tomorrow to Trebic, in Moravia, for my Jewish studies course.

My third column in The Hoya from abroad has been published this week! Make sure to czech it out, and feel free to give me suggestions for future columns! Click here to read my article in this week's The Guide!

In other news, I have booked almost all of my weekend travel for this semester. Typically, study abroad students travel a lot when in Europe. Since I saw almost all of Western Europe this summer, I'm doing my best to stay in the Central and Eastern parts of the Continent.

October 8-10: Cesky Krumlov, Czech Republic (required History weekend trip)
October 15-17: Krakow, Poland (with the Prague program)
October 28-31: Budapest, Hungary and Vienna, Austria for Fall Break (with Katie and Lauren from Georgetown Strasbourg)
November 7: Terezin, Czech Republic (required Jewish studies day trip)
November 12-14: Berlin, Germany (with my cousin Joe and Dani)
November 16-17: Bratislava, Slovakia for Bank Holiday
November 19-22: Copenhagen, Denmark (with Kim & Megan from Georgetown London School of Economics and Edinburgh)
November 26-29: Istanbul, Turkey (with Sarah from Prague and Katie from Georgetown Strasbourg)

Sounds like a lot, but flights and buses are very inexpensive in this region if you're going to the right destinations. I'm still thinking of going to France and/or Belgium for the first weekend in December, but we'll have to see how the budgeting and school work goes. I miss French and knowing what's going on around me.

I received word that I will be a panel reporter for the Forum 2000 Conference in two weeks in Prague. This will be a second internship this semester to boost my resumé and learn more about international affairs and journalism. Click here to read more about the conference.

Lastly, here are a few interesting pictures from sights around Prague in Mala Strana (the Lesser Town). Statues and alternative art cover the area. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment