Sunday, July 4, 2010

The Home Stretch

Other than the scorching Parisian heat, not much has happened the past two days. On Friday, we spent the whole day in class just trying to stay awake despite the 90+ degree classrooms. Today, I spent the majority of my day writing and working on my finale presentation topic. After typing over 4 pages of french in single-space and creating a powerpoint, I was too exhausted to function. It is very consuming to think and work in a language that is not your native tongue, and I definitely get tired of all the French sometimes. I did purchase the 7th Harry Potter book in French recently to work on my language skills and brush up on the book before the next movie comes out.

Tomorrow is July 4th! My first one outside of the United States, but I hope to celebrate with some friends by finding a restaurant with real American cuisine. Hard Rock, anyone? As we gear up for the end of the program, I am really going to make an effort stating on Monday to build up my French skills before my final presentation and proficiency exam. It is only to my detriment to use English while I am in France, so forgive me if I am a little slow to post on my blog. Plus, we actually have real work for my program this last week!

Happy 4th from Paris, and make sure to have a hot dog or three for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment