Thursday, July 8, 2010

La chaleur...

The heat wave is back in Paris, and it is unbearable once again. Tomorrow, during my final presentation, it will probably be about 90 degrees with no air conditioning. Since I am the second to last to present out of 19 students, maybe I will get lucky and the jury of professors will pass out before I have to take my turn.


Yesterday, after our final class, we went to the Musée d'Orsay. This former train station is home to 18th-19th century art and has millions of visitors annually. On our guided tour in French, we saw the likes of Edgar Degas, Pierre-Auguste Renoir, and Claude Monet. The museum itself it a work of art with its high ceilings and early 20th century architecture. You are not allowed to take pictures inside, but luckily I snuck a view without getting caught.


At this time tomorrow, I will be starting my final exposition. I think that I am as ready as I can be, but I will be sure to work on the presentation some more over the next 24 hours. After this, classes will officially be finished, and then I have to weekend off to finally relax in Paris and prepare as much as possible for my French language proficiency exam Monday morning. Can't wait for the program to end and to start the next chapter of my European adventures in 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment