Saturday, September 4, 2010

One Week Down, Many to Go

Let me begin my post with some big news. My blog is now going Georgetown! My column for The Hoya's The Guide inspired by my blog has debuted this week. The column is titled Postcards to Georgetown, and it will run every other Friday in The Guide. Here is a link to my first column entry:

Click here for my column.

Second, I was also part of a Guide article on the 5th anniversary of Katrina, which was last week when I just arrived in Prague. Take a look at the article here to learn more about Georgetown and the rebuilding efforts in New Orleans:

Click here for Katrina article.

Back to Praha. We have just completed our first of three weeks of intensive orientation. No more meetings or being babied by the program. The next two weeks is all about Czech language and preparing for the real semester to start. On top of our 5 hour czech language classes everyday for two weeks, we will be finalizing our course schedules and planning activities like day and overnight trips in the Czech Republic.

I'm also in the process of planning a trip back to Munich with some other Georgetown students studying in Europe this semester for the opening keg-tapping of Oktoberfest. Wish me luck in the biergartens!

I will check in again after the weekend. Hopefully we will finally get some time to relax and catch up on some Zs.

1 comment:

  1. Great article on Katrina, Eric. Thanks to all of your friends from Georgetown who have helped rebuild New Orleans!! WHO DAT :)

    ReplyDelete