Thursday, September 16, 2010

Some Good News, Some Bad News

Tomorrow is my last day of 6-hour/day intensive Czech classes! YAY!! We have our final exam tomorrow, before we have to do a take-home exam this weekend around the city of Prague. I really have learned a lot from my Czech class so far in such a short amount of time, but the language is difficult and students are highly unmotivated. Tomorrow night our Czech teachers will be taking us to the National Opera to see a show, and immediately after I'm hopping on a night-bus to Munich for Oktoberfest. It promises to be an amazing weekend, and I will update you upon my return from a second visit to Munich during my European adventures.

The bad news. Upon logging into my online checking account this evening, I discovered that someone had stolen my debit card number and charged over $2,500 in online purchases without my knowledge in the last two days. I am trying to get this mess taken care of as soon as possible, but there is lots of paperwork to come and waiting for my new card to be mailed all the way to Prague. Meanwhile, I am stuck without easy access to cash, and I have to get new currency when I go to Munich tomorrow...FUN. I'm sure it will all work out, but it is a hassle to deal with, especially from halfway across the globe.


In other news, i start my internship at the IPD Group on Tuesday, and I am also applying to be a student reporter for the 2-day world-famous annual Forum 2000 Conference here in Prague in October. Wish me luck!

I've also finalized plans to go to Krakow, Poland, in a month, in addition to seeing Auschwitz and the famous salt domes nearby. I also got news that my cousin Joe and his girlfriend Dani will be meeting me from Florence in November in Berlin to travel and visit. I cannot WAIT. Looking forward to the official keg-tapping of the 200th Oktoberfest on Saturday! Until then...auf wiedersehen!

No comments:

Post a Comment