Thursday, June 3, 2010

Le premier jour des cours



Aujourd'hui, we began our first day of classes in Paris. I am taking an Advanced French course and a Politics of France and Europe course during my time here. I take the métro for a good bit to get to school, and my commute is a little more than half an hour each way. All courses are taught entirely in French, and both courses include a host of "field" trips to different museums and place around Paris. My professor for my language course is fantasique, and she even gave us lots of places to eat, shop, and run around town in Paris. Tomorrow, we are going outside of the classroom and taking a bus trip to Giverny, Normandy, to visit the house of famous Impressionist artist Claude Monet. Today was especially warm in Paris, but the weather is generally unpredictable from hour to hour. I have included a picture of myself at the Egyptian Obelisk at the Place de la Condorde (erected by Napoleon) and a picture I took at Sacré Coeur, which is just a few short métro stops from my house. Salut!

No comments:

Post a Comment