Tuesday, June 1, 2010

"Now is a good time to try something new"


After having a last meal in Chicago before my plane to Paris (American style Chinese food, of course), I opened my fortune cookie with the following message inside: "Now is a good time to try something new." How much more appropriate can it get? After taking the train in from Charles de Gaulle airport and traveling a bit on the Paris métro subway, two of my Georgetown friends, who were on the same plane as me, and I grabbed a quick ham sandwich lunch at the Forum de Halles shopping mall. I just arrived at my homestay in the city of Paris, and I am just beginning to get acquainted to my surroundings. I posted a picture of the view from my apartment balcony. It's very different (and a little weird) to be moving in with a complete stranger here in the City of Light, but it's all part of the process of studying abroad. My Georgetown classmates and I will be meeting at the Arc de Triomphe tomorrow morning to get acquainted with each other and the city, and hopefully I can catch up on some sleep before then. A link is posted for the pictures of my first night out in Paris. A demain!

2 comments:

  1. That room is SO PARIS. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see more pics!!! Jamie has a friend from Ursuline there working as an au pair - sounds like a beautiful place to be! Muah! Tia

    ReplyDelete