Wednesday, June 2, 2010

MONTMARTRE AND LOVING IT


So after running into a little snag with my first host family, I have been moved to a BEAUTIFUL apartment in the district known as Montmartre. The famous cathedral Sacré Coeur is there, and I have posted pictures of a nearby street and of my new room (with its own door to the patio and backyard. My host mother is an Air France flight attendant, and her 14-year old son will be helping me learn French as I help him with his English. Today was a busy day with my professor and other 18 Georgetown students as we toured parts of the city (Champs-Élysées, Place de la Concorde, and the Latin Quarter). We also stopped by the school where I will be taking classes in the Latin Quarter, which is right near the likes of La Fontaine St. Michel and Notre-Dame Cathedral. We also invested 60 euros in unlimited métro (subway) passes for a month, which we will use to get to and from school everyday in addition to other traveling. Most students, including myself, purchased a French mobile cell phone in order to communicate in the city and among ourselves. I will update later on my new host family as I prepare for the first day of classes tomorrow! À bientôt.

1 comment: